Thursday 6 December 2012

the liebster award: thank you!


Thank you so much Shenita Goode of The Goode Style and Christine of Petite Hues who nominated me for the Liebster award! For those who don't know, The Liebster Award is an award for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. For a blog which has only be launched a little over a week ago, to get some sort recognition amongst the blogging comunity is definitely exciting - so thank you Shenita and Christine. So how this works is that once you are nominated, you have to answer eleven questions that the blogger has posed for you and then I nominate eleven more blogs. So after the jump I'm going to answer Shenita and Christine's set of questions.

What/whom motivated you to begin fashion blogging?
It is really hard to pinpoint one specific person or moment on why I started blogging. I think the primary reason what that now (November 2012) I have a lot of time on my hands. Since I recently graduate high school, I'm in a stage of limbo where I am not attached to any educational institution yet, until I receive my offers for university. Also, I think another reason why I started blogging was that I didn't have the typical Australian street style look - so I turned to blogging to find people who shared a similar style to mine. If we were to name one person as a source of information, it would definitely be Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere.

Describe your style in three words.
Simple, Classic and Minimal.

What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog?
I hope that readers are able to develop their own personal style and be able to achieve stylish, yet attainble looks. I have noticed that 'style' has become unattainable and that is why bloggers are great because we are real girls. I would like to spread the message that your own personal style is what matters most. That has personally been a struggle for me for the last couple years until I discovered my mantra.

Who/what is your style inspiration?
Like I said earlier, I do particularly relate to Emily Schuman's (of Cupcakes and Cashmere). I also find inspiration from just normal people on the street, characters, blogs etc. If I had to pick one character off a television show, where I could steal their style - it would definitely Spencer Hastings of Pretty Little Liars. She has this East Coast prep look and always looks so put together.

What is your favourite staple piece?
My favourite staple piece is a nice relaxed fit button down shirt. It is so versatile and its a simple classic that will never go out of style.

Name one accessory you can't live without.
This definitely has to be a watch. Not only is it stylish but it is also practical. As a student who heavily relies on public transport to get to school, I definitely need a watch to help me stay on time. An added bonus is also its a key piece to layering up arm candy.

Which celebrity's would you love to raid?
This is really difficult because I never have looked for celebrities for style inspiration. If I did have to pick it would definitely be Lea Michele. I definitely notice the amount of Helmut Lang sweaters she wear - and I am definitely a lover of sweaters.

What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger?
The ultimate goal is to spread what I have to say and my style with as many people as I can. I really don't have a definitive goal as of yet because right now, it is really about enjoying blogging and meeting like minded people.

Name three of your strengths and weaknesses.
Strengths would definitely have to be my brutal honesty, my ability to find great bargains (it is a stregnth okay?!) and being organised. My weakness however are a completely different story. I am a self-professed perfectionist, I doubt myself sometimes and I can never refuse a good pair of shoes.

What is your favourite beauty product?
My favourite beauty product so far is definitely the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation. In a nutshell, it is like putting on a second layer of skin. I really don't want this answer to repeat something I wrote in the past so if you do want a review, you can find it here.

What is your greatest fear?
Being a perfectionist, my greatest fear is failure. I definitely discovered this in my final year of high school. Especially here in New South Wales, the education system has virtually created a mini hunger games. We have to scratch and claw to be on those top rankings because it is like an insurance plan if we don't do so well in our exams. This fear is further exacerbated when I am good at something or I expected to well in it - but I also find being a perfectionist allows me to keep the higher standards I hold for myself.

So now that I have answered my set of questions, here are my nominees for the Liebster Award. I decided to choose those who have not recently won a Liebster award as well.

Fashion Delights
Along Crossed Paths
CrystalCosmicChic
F&ML: Fashion And My Life
Fashion Fanatique
fashion.doc
Genia Antonian
Inside Look at KCN
Keep Calm and Sparkle
My Purple Tale
Wanderlust and Such

Questions for you to answer
1. What/whom motivated you to begin fashion blogging?
2. Describe your style in three words.
3. What do you hope that people will get out of reading your blog?
4. Who/what is your style inspiration?
5. What is your favourite staple piece?
6. Name one accessory you can't live without.
7. Which celebrity's would you love to raid?
8. What is the ultimate goal you wish to achieve out of being a blogger?
9. Name three of your strengths and weaknesses.
10. What is your favourite beauty product?
11. What is your greatest fear?

6 comments:

  1. Great answers, I love that you went in depth. I also agree with you so much on the favorite accessory!

    Keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shenita for nominating me - it was a lot of fun to do :)

      Delete
  2. first of all congratulations, and keep up the great work and thank you so much, that is very sweet to nominate me. I already gotten the award twice so I hope you dont get offended that I don't make a post. people probably now all the facts they need to know about me. lol

    ReplyDelete