Monday 11 March 2013

in rotation

Sorry for the lack of posts. I'm really overwhelmed with uni at the moment and I'm really having a hard time adjusting and falling into routine so bare with me. At least three days a week, I find myself on a long train ride to campus and it can get incredibly boring. During these times of extreme boredom, I definitely turn to a reliable playlist to keep me entertained and from falling asleep. So I thought I would share some tunes which have been on my playlist.


MALLiE is a British artist which I discovered through the Burberry Acoustic series. She is unsigned which is a shame because there is definitely talent (but who am I to say anything about talent?). Hopefully she will be having some music being released soon. Also, she does covers here on YouTube and also has a demo track on myspace. Her cover of Justin Timberlake's Mirrors (above) is one of my favourites, also with an original track named 'Can't Be Moved' which she did for Burberry (you can find it here).


Paramore recently released a new single from their long awaited self-titled album due for release on the 9th of April. This song was quite the departure from the classic Paramore sound but I was pleasantly surprised. It is very No - Doubt and I can't wait to hear the entire album.



Like MALLiE, Morning Parade was a band which I discovered through Burberry Acoustic. This particular version (above) of 'Speechless' was done beautifully with the addition of strings. I have download their entire album and I can honestly say it is the best one I have heard in a long time.

Hopefully you have enjoyed some of the music found on my current playlist. If you have any suggestions, tell me down below in the comments - I always enjoy finding new music to enjoy in my down time.



No comments:

Post a Comment