Monday 22 April 2013

aspirational homes | the living room


In this post, we are continuing on the series of aspirational homes. These are a series of photographs which I have taken while visiting them and I thought it would be a great idea to share them with you. If you haven't seen the first post about bedrooms, you can read it here. Today, we are focusing on the living room. Living rooms are definitely high traffic areas. A balance of design conscious and practicality is key. By having your furniture appropriate to the scale of the living room and smart storage solutions are just a few ways of achieving this balance. What I have also observed is the styling of coffee tables. Whether it is a vase full of fresh flowers or a stack of coffee table books, it is a great way to create interest and finish off the living room.


Readers, what would be included in your ultimate living space?


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful I dream for space so beautiful and chic like this :)
    wwww.sweetwithenvy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for commenting! When I move out eventually, I hope for a space similar to this also.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I wish I could have a living room like that...I'm afraid white couches+dirty dogs would not mix too well.

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think pretty much everyone wishes to have a space which is comfortable, aesthetically pleasing and inspiring. Yes, White couched and dogs are definitely a deadly mix when it comes to keeping everything in order! :)

      Delete